The White House as reassigned a senior National Security Council advisor after he disagreed with President Trump’s Latin American policies.
Craig Deare was removed from his role as a senior adviser at the National Security Council’s Western Hemisphere division Friday and “sent back to his original position,” Sarah Sanders, a White House spokeswoman, revealed.
Deare was only recently assigned to the NSC by the Trump administration.
The reassignment occurred after Deare attacked the administration for Trump’s handling of Latin American policies during a speech at The Wilson Center Thursday in Washington.
Sanders said that people who don’t 100% agree with President Donald Trump should not have a job in his White House.
“I don’t think that any person that is there in order to carry out the President’s agenda should be against the President’s agenda,” Sanders said during a brief with reporters.
“It seems pretty silly that you would have someone who is not supportive of what you are trying to accomplish there to carry out that very thing,” she added.
Deare has returned to the National Defense University, an appointed position he’s held since January 2001.
President Trump has made it very clear that it’s his way or the highway. The President recently fired
Republican consultant Shermichael Singleton, a political appointee at the Department of Housing and Urban Development. He was fired last week for an op-ed he wrote before the election that criticized then-candidate Trump.
In his op-ed, published in October, Singleton wrote, “We allowed that hostile takeover to happen on our watch. This individual recognized a moment of great disparity in the Republican base and, like cancer, attacked and spread, consuming everything in his path.”
We may be experiencing a quick period of contraction in the Trump administration. Lifetime plagiarist Kellyanne Conway, now a top White House official, once said Trump took advantage of “the little guy” to build his real estate empire.
“He says he’s for the little guy but he’s actually built a lot of his business on the backs of the little guy,” she said on CNN in February 2016.
Even press secretary Sean Spicer went on the offensive against Donald Trump after the President attacked Sen. John McCain, who was held as a POW for six years in Vietnam. Trump claimed McCain was not war hero because he was caught.
“He is a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said during a town hall. “I like people that weren’t captured, OK?”
Spicer, who was serving as the communications director for the Republican National Committee at the time, said in a statement that McCain “is an American hero because he served his country and sacrificed more than most can imagine. Period.”
“There is no place in our party or our country for comments that disparage those who have served honorably,” Spicer added.
So is Spicer next to go? Probably not. If we’ve learned one thing about the Trump administration, it’s that picking and choosing battles is a completely arbitrary thing. Conway is also probably safe because of her close ties and working relationship with Fox News, Trump’s equivalent of state-sponsored news.
Welcome to the Red State…
What's Your Reaction?
James Kosur is the former Editor-In-Chief and co-founder of Hill Reporter. He recently served as an editor for Business Insider and various other publications. James and his partners sold Hill Reporter to a new owner in July 2019.