Sean Hannity Wants Bill O’Reilly to Return to Fox News
In 2016, a sexual harassment scandal ripped through the Fox News network. The channel’s founder Roger Ailes, was accused of misconduct by a number of women and resigned shortly after. It was also revealed that the network’s biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, had settled with a number of sexual misconduct victims. O’Reilly has not made an appearance on Fox News since April of 2017.
One of the other major stars, Sean Hannity has continued to have the former host as a guest on his radio show. During a recent O’Reilly radio appearance, Hannity said that it’s time for him to return to Fox News.
The conversation began with O’Reilly lamenting how the two of them had been treated. He said to Hannity, “I mean, you and I, we can identify because we’ve been attacked for more than 20 years, each of us has.”
Hannity responded, “Twenty-four to be exact. By the way, I keep offering you, go back on Fox, and…”
O’Reilly then said that he may not want to be on network television again. “So I can have security guards go with me everywhere, like I used to,” he asked.
The radio host said of the pair, “We’ll end the year again number one in all of cable, and with that comes all the crap associated with it.”
Not everyone was as enthused about the idea as Sean Hannity. Former Fox News employees Gretchen Carlson, Julie Roginsky and Diana Falzone released a strongly worded statement against O’Reilly.
The message began, “It is ironic that a man accused of sexual harassment over the course of many years by many different women is being courted to return to Fox News by its most prominent on-air personality, while his many victims and other survivors of sexual harassment at that same network continue to be bound by onerous confidentially provisions.”
— dianafalzone (@dianafalzone) November 27, 2019