fbpx

Sam Donaldson Says CNN to Sue White House over Acosta Press Pass Revocation



CNN may be prepping a lawsuit against the White House after they suspended reporter Jim Acosta’s press pass, according to Sam Donaldson.

During an appearance on CNN’s Reliable Sources (via Washington Times), the former ABC White House correspondent said CNN was preparing to sue the Trump administration after last week’s post-midterm election press conference.

Donaldson stated:

“I hope I’m not mistaken, but it’s my understanding that CNN and Acosta have sued. That there will be a court hearing on Tuesday on this very matter that we’ve been discussing,”

Donaldson also added, “I’ve been told that — because I’ve been asked to give an affidavit which I’ve prepared to be submitted to the court.”

Photo Credit: Flickr

CNN has since released a statement in regards to the lawsuit, saying, “No decisions have been made. We have reached out to the White House and gotten no response.”

Acosta, who was promoted to CNN’s chief White House correspondent in January, was forced to turn over his Secret Service “hard pass,” which speeds up entry and exit from the White House, after Wednesday’s presidential press conference.

The Washington Times stated Acosta “refused to yield the floor to questions from other reporters,” and he also refused to return the microphone to a White House intern, prompting Trump to call him “a very unprofessional guy,” according to NBC.