Now Reading
Republicans Divided On Whether Trump Is Asset Or Detriment As 2024 Nominee

Republicans Divided On Whether Trump Is Asset Or Detriment As 2024 Nominee

Donald Trump’s close allies and surrogates say that he’s almost certainly running again in 2024. While he hasn’t made any official announcements yet, his influence and effect on the Republican Party are well-documented. Now, a poll shows that his supporters are divided on whether that’s a good thing.

[Photo by Pete Marovich – Pool/Getty Images]

A new poll by CNN and SSRS find that most Republicans still support Trump, and a majority consider support of the Big Lie to be an important part of their identity.

What they don’t necessarily agree on, though, is whether he’s actually good for the party — and while a slight majority of those polled say he’s an asset to the 2024 ticket, its very slight — 51%, with the other 49% saying a different candidate would have a better chance.

But they are about evenly split over whether having the defeated former President back on the ticket in 2024 would be an advantage: 51% say that Republicans have a better chance of retaking the presidency if Trump is the nominee, with 49% saying the party would be better off with a different nominee.

If he’s serious about running, current statistics suggest he’s got quite a good chance of being the nominee — Newsweek reported in July that polls were showing him at the front of the pack compared to other possible GOP candidates, by quite a lot — 30 full points ahead of the second-place potential candidate in the poll, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

…46 percent of likely general election voters would back Trump being the party’s nominee—the highest level of support of any potential presidential candidate polled by more than 30 points.

See Also

In second was Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who had 13 percent support.

DeSantis has denied that he’s running, but some strategists are already so certain of it that they’re working to build a divide between the Florida Governor and the former President.

What's Your Reaction?
In Love
Not Sure

© 2021 Hillreporter.com

Scroll To Top