“Over Half The Band Has F***ing COVID” Kid Rock Says, After Sturgis Rally Boasts
When Kid Rock posted images on social media from his performance at the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota, he threw in a few snide remarks for those who said holding the rally during a pandemic was a bad idea. Now, he says he’s “p*ssed” because “over half the f***ing band has COVID” and he’s been forced to cancel shows.
“There is nothing the mainstream media or internet and social media trolls can do but look at this pic and weep, knowing they will never beat us. F*** them, love to you all,” Kid Rock declared on August 8th, sharing a photo of his performance at the rally.
The venue, Buffalo Chip, advertised the performance as a “triumphant return” for which fans “have waited long enough.”
Now, three weeks later, Kid Rock is on Twitter, expressing disappointment and frustration that he’s been forced to cancel the weekend’s performances, because many of his band members are ill. Though we don’t have contact tracing specifically for these band members, Forbes has reported that (like last year) South Dakota showed a new surge of cases linked to the event.
Kid Rock tweeted Thursday evening, already expressing anger at the knowledge that his story would hit the news, and announcing that “most of” the sick band members had been vaccinated, and that he’s vaccinated himself.
or even just Juggle…. Deez Nutz!! – or at least try to entertain u good folks. But seriously, shit is way out of my hands on this one. I am beyond upset and you real ones know I would never cancel if I absolutely didn’t have too. For this, I am sorry.
— Kid Rock (@KidRock) August 26, 2021
He also indicates that he would have come alone, anyway, but was prevented from doing so — it’s not clear if he was disallowed by the venue, or other circumstances.