fbpx

Melania Trump Reveals Son Barron Had Coronavirus

First lady Melania Trump revealed on Twitter that son Barron, just like she and husband Donald Trump, had coronavirus. She posted a letter Wednesday afternoon that reads in part:

“It was two weeks ago when I received the diagnosis that so many Americans across our country and the world had already received—I tested positive for COVID-19. To make matters worse, my husband, and our nation’s Commander-in-Chief, received the same news.

“Naturally my mind went immediately to our son. To our great relief he tested negative, but again, as so many parents have thought over the past several months, I couldn’t help but think ‘what about tomorrow or the next day?’. My fear came true when he was tested again and it came up positive. Luckily he is a strong teenager and exhibited no symptoms. In one way I was glad the three of us went through this at the same time so we could take care of one another and spend time together. He has since tested negative.”

Melania’s statement doesn’t provide any time frame for when the 14-year-old first tested positive or when he most recently tested negative for the virus. Soon after both Trump and his wife disclosed that they had contracted the virus, on Oct. 2, the White House said that Barron had tested negative. Despite making numerous TV appearances, videos and campaign rally speeches the president has never said anything about his son’s coronavirus status.

While her 74-year-old husband has seemingly returned to his preferred routine of superspreader campaign rallies and non-mask wearing, Melania’s statement simply said, “I am happy to report that I have tested negative and hope to resume my duties as soon as I can.”



Follow Us On: Facebook and Twitter