Detroit Man Charged With Felony For Death Threats Against Michigan Governor
The Detroit News has reported that a man who made a death threat against Michigan Governor Gretchen Witmer has been arrested and charged with a felony. The prosecutor for Wayne County, Kym Worthy, has charged 32 years old Robert Sinclair Tesh with filing a false report of terrorism. The charges came down after Teshe’s April 22 arraignment. Detroit News reported that a press release said, “Tesh allegedly communicated through a social media messenger with an acquaintance, making threats to kill Whitmer and Nessel on April 14. Later that day, the Detroit Police Department arrested Tesh at his home in Detroit.”
Multiple armed gunmen storm Michigan’s State House, State police are protecting @GovWhitmer and blocking the gunmen from gaining access to the house floor.
This is America in the age of Trump. pic.twitter.com/tLWR2bvjtR
— Rob Gill (@vote4robgill) April 30, 2020
Prosecutor Worthy also said “The alleged facts, in this case, layout a very disturbing scenario. We understand that these times can be stressful and upsetting for many people. But we will not and cannot tolerate threats like these against any public official who are carrying out their duties as efficiently as they can.” The report also states that “Recent protests against Whitmer’s stay-at-home order to combat COVID-19 have also seen signs with violent themes, like one on April 30 that said, ‘Tyrants get the rope.'”
Tensions have been running high since lockdown orders were put in place to protect against the coronavirus. Many protests against the orders have been happening across the country. On April 30 many armed protesters stormed the Michigan State Capitol demanding that the state be reopened. Since then, stay at home orders have been relaxed but the protests still continue. As the country battles a deadly virus we are also met with the question of how long to be locked down.