Capitol Rioter: ‘You Can’t Prove I Was There.’ His Wife: ‘My Husband Was Totally There!’

Most of the rioters from the January 6th attack on the Capitol were identified via their own social media accounts, as many either live-streamed the action or shared photos of themselves inside the building after the barriers had been breached. Emboldened by what they perceived as following orders from their president, they documented every moment for posterity, centering themselves in the middle of the action.

Others seemed a bit savvier, staying off their phones and avoiding being filmed. One rioter, Gary Edwards, attempted to remain anonymous in the days and weeks after the insurrection didn’t turn out the way the Trump faithful thought it would. Edwards wisely maintained a low profile online after seeing other participants face dire consequences that may see them spending decades in prison.

The problem is, Gary’s wife did the exact opposite.

WASHINGTON, DC – JANUARY 06: Protesters gather on the second day of pro-Trump events fueled by President Donald Trump’s continued claims of election fraud in an effort to overturn the results before Congress finalizes them in a joint session of the 117th Congress on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021 in Washington, DC. (Kent Nishimura / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)

Lynn Feiler Edwards took to her Facebook to tell the world just how proud she was of her insurrectionist husband’s attempt to prevent Congress from certifying the results of a legitimate Presidential election. Edwards boasted to her girlfriends about her man’s extra macho visit to Washington:

“Okay ladies let me tell you what happened as my husband was there inside the Capitol Rotunda. There was a small group of young men dressed in military garb who yelled “we r going in!” They broke the barricade down, ran up the steps, broke a window and climbed in. They broke some furniture. Then proceeded to storm the floors. The crowd followed to stand on the balconies. When this happened there were police milling around doing nothing even after the breech [sic]. Gary walked around the back of the building and climbed the stairs walking right into the rotunda. He stood there and heard and saw teargas blasts. The police were right next to him as Gary poured water on their eyes. He stayed to chat w the police who were calm. Prior to Gary getting in evidently one woman was shot. . . .”

The now-removed post continued: “Gary walked around carrying flags of the Us. Gary walked right through the door into the rotunda. Chatting with the police who were very calm. The people san[g] the Star spangled banner 2 time then started chanting whose house? Our house! When asked to leave they did. . . . These were people who watched their rights being taken away, their votes stolen from them, their state officials violating the constitutions of their country and people who are not being given the opportunity to be able to have evidence shown.”

Gary Edwards was arrested Tuesday by federal authorities in Churchville, PA, and “released with standard conditions,” the Department of Justice reported. Because of what Mrs. Edwards revealed on Facebook, she provided a lead to the FBI.

Sentencing for Edwards has not yet been set.

Follow Us On: Facebook and Twitter